The reputation of a business can have an impact on its revenue. A good reputation is required to make a business grow. Every business that relies on a digital form of marketing and advertising also needs to have a good reputation.
Digital reputation depends on the positive reviews by the customers, and its importance is immense since this way a good trustable relationship develops with the audience and other people reading them might prefer the company as well.
A survey says that people believe in a digital business based on the reviews mostly. More than personal suggestions reviews for a digital company are a key factor to gain the trust of its customers.
There are companies who are providing reputation management in Sydney who take the responsibilities to manage the online reputation of other businesses helps it to gain popularity and trust of its customers.
There are some basic tips which you can apply to make your customers leave a review about your business.
Follow the rules stated below to have a good online reputation for your business.
- Ask the customers to leave a reply.
It has been observed that when a digital company or a business asks its customers to leave a reply, the maximum number of customers to leave a review. Since one cannot ask for a direct review; there are certain ways on how to ask a customer to leave a review about the experience, product and service of the company. Some of the ways to ask a customer for a review is stated below.
- Ask just after the order is placed: The best time to ask for a review is just after the customer has placed the order and has done the transaction. A customer is excited after placing the order which can result in giving a positive review of the company.
- Have a positive in-store experience: A brick and mortar store also needs to have a positive reputation. One of the best methods would be putting up posters and signs that would have quotes like “we hear you” and other customer-friendly quotes. This would make a customer feel that the store is customer friendly and that would result in a good review.
- Have an app to make it easier to leave reviews through phone: If you have an app for your store, then it would become easier for the customers to leave a review. A digital company with easy access to leave a review can have a good impression on the customers and would increase the revenue of the company. Another method would be sending a text just after a customer has visited your store or website, as it would make it easier for them too, to give a review.
- Ask for reviews in person: Asking a person for review, face to face, can be more successful than sending an email. If you have a small store, then asking the customers for a review just after their purchase would result in more success rather than sending an email for a review. A customer can give a review at that instant moment as it would help them to state all the good and bad points.
- Respond to both positive and negative reviews.
A good business is recognised by how it responses to its customers. Whether it’s a positive review or a bad one, the response of the customer care unit defines the company.
It is required that the response by the customer care unit should be polite even if the customer is in a rage and has been unsatisfied. Offering excuses and blaming the customer would rather leave a bad impression on those clients who are reading the reviews. Being apologetic and offering another way to solve the issue might help in making the clients believe that the company is genuine and trustworthy.
Response to the customers who have given a positive review with a “thank you”, while using the negative feedback as a suggestion and try to improve. There always won’t be positive feedbacks. The response to negative feedback is the test of the company, as to how to handle such situation politely and maintain the policy of the business too.
- Try to give a good customer experience.
Providing a good customer experience can be useful for the company. A good customer care unit consisting of employees who can handle everything politely, wishing a good day, listening to the issues and solving them within a short span of time, these are the key factors that matter a lot while a customer is giving a review for the company.
If you have a brick and mortar shop, then make sure to have a team who can mix with the customers and are friendly too. Having a friendly team would make the customers comfortable, and they would even take suggestions from the team and buy accordingly. A smiling and convincing person would be more pleased to talk and take suggestions from, rather than a busy and stick to the computer type team. A good team providing an amazing experience can be impactful and would even result in gaining more customers.
These were some tips which should be kept in mind to increase the online reputation of a company. Customers require a transparent and conversation friendly customer service, where they can talk about all the issues regarding the delivery, product and other online shopping related things and in return have a positive response and assurance.
A customer, before buying a product online, reads the reviews to confirm that the company can be trusted. Make sure to follow all the tips and alongwith that, sell products which are satisfying to the customers and are not defective. If the products sold are found to be defective, then it can result in a negative response. Before selling, make sure to check the products for any defects and replace accordingly.
For conducting an even better reputation on your business hire the specialists from companies who are providing online marketing in Sydney.