JEE Main is national level entrance exam for engineering. Students seeking admissions in B.Tech and B.Arch may apply for the exam and get admissions in premier institutes of IITs, NITs, CFTIs etc.
A lot of changes have been brought in the conduction process of the exam regarding which the students must be aware of. Here, we would be discussing all of the changes that have incurred in the exam from this year onwards.
Some of the major changes that have been brought in JEE Main are as follows:
- JEE Main was being conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) till 2018 but from 2019 onwards, the exam would be conducted by NTA (National Test Agency).
- Till 2018, the exam was conducted in both offline and online mode but from 2019, offline mode would be eradicated and computer based exam would be made compulsory for both paper 1 and paper 2. However, in paper 2, Mathematics and Aptitude would be in online mode while drawing section would still be conducted by pen and paper mode.
- Number of attempts for JEE Main have been increased in 2019. Previously, the exam was held just once in a year, but from 2019, the exam would be held twice annually (in Jan and April).
- From 2019 onwards, there would be no age restriction for the candidates appearing in JEE Main. Any who have passed 10+2 in 2017, 2018 or is going to appear in 2019 is eligible to apply in the exam.
- Application fee has been reduced for different categories in 2019.
- Common services centres have been deployed to help the candidates in rural as well as urban areas in form filling and submission.
- NTA has established Test Practice Centres across several cities and has invited students to take mock tests free of cost so that they get a rough idea of the exam pattern, syllabus, types of questions asked and can analyze their performance to upgrade it for the main exam.
- NTA is working hard for preparing a vast collection of questions so that each student receives unique set of paper and no redundancy must be found in the question paper of two students.
- Here comes the biggest advantage of all the changes being made, the advantage is that a student may appear in both Jan as well as April session exam but the higher score of the two would be considered eligible.
JEE Main 2019: Important Dates
- Online registration started from Sep 1, 2018 and ended on September 30, 2018.
- Last date of fee submission was Oct 1, 2018.
- If a student has filled wrong details or has uploaded images in improper format, then, those candidates were given facility of editing them in the application form from Oct 8, 2018 till Oct 14, 2018.
- Admit card would get released on December 17, 2018.
- Exam would be held in two phases, in Jan from Jan 6, 2019 till Jan 20, 2019 and in April from April 6, 2019 till April 20, 2019.